Another Child Fatality
More sad news in the industry as another child dies due to entanglement in blind cords, our thoughts are with the family following the child’s entanglement in blind cords at the beginning of April.
The girl, Bronwyn Taylor, at only 16 months old had been staying at her grandparents house in Stoke-On-Trent when the tragedy happened, although we sincerely feel for the family; we must use this as a reminder to everyone in the trade and our customers that we must do everything we can to prevent this from happening again.
Our installers regularly recieve resistance from customers not wanting child safety products and an excuse often heard is the “we don’t have any children”, this case once again highlights the need for these products in all houses and properties whether they have children or not as they are likely at some point to have them visiting!
Once again the whole team at Solo Blinds send our thoughts and condolences to the Taylor family.